Boundary Waters Canoe Area (BWCA)
Time & Location
About The Event
Have you always wanted to take a trip to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area in Minnesota? We get it! The BWCA spans over a million acres of glaciated bedrock, lush pine forests, and thousands of island-dotted pristine lakes just south of the Canadian border. Here, wilderness travelers find solitude, adventure, exceptional fishing, and a special connection with nature.
Let True North Expeditions take on the daunting task of planning a canoeing trip to the Boundary Waters for you. No experience is needed, and if this is your first time on a canoe trip, you’ve found the right place. Our friendly staff will walk you through every step of the way so that you can enjoy the rejuvenating spirit of the outdoors in the BWCA. Sign up with friends, or by yourself. Either way, we guarantee you’ll leave the trip with a group of like-minded friends.
This event will be limited to 7 clients.
We have a few different ticket options for this event.
- Admission-Double Occupancy Hotel. Ticket price $1085. The ticket price covers 1 person and includes transportation, permit fees, lightweight canoe rental, life jacket, paddle, and double occupancy lodging on August 12 and 16 at the Grand Ely Lodge. We will contact you with a list of required gear prior to the start of the trip. You must obtain your own camping gear.
- Admission-Single Occupancy Hotel. The ticket price is $1171. The ticket price covers 1 person and includes transportation, permit fees, lightweight canoe rental, life jacket, paddle, and private lodging accommodations on August 12 and 16 at the Grand Ely Lodge. We will contact you with a list of required gear prior to the start of the trip. You must obtain your own camping gear.
- Gear Rental. The ticket price is $425. This ticket includes gear rental for one person and includes all of the items listed below. We will contact you with a list of additional required gear prior to the start of the trip. Gear Rental includes a backpack, 1 or 2 person tent, Sleeping bag, Sleeping pad, Sleeping pillow, Backpacking stove, water filter, trowel, Ursack food storage bag, headlamp, and trekking poles.
Participants are expected to bring all meals and equipment for this trip (a detailed list will be provided). If you’d like to fish, you may obtain a permit and equipment on location.
All True North Expeditions staff are certified in First Aid/CPR and every one of our events is lead by a guide with a background in emergency medicine and a certified Wilderness First Aid instructor. Guides are experienced in wilderness and outdoor travel and are equipped with GPS and satellite phones during every portion of this event.
No refunds will be issued for cancellations less than 7 days from the date of the event. All other cancellations are subject to a 50% service fee. A refund will be issued in the form of a check. Please allow 5-7 business days for processing, we will notify you when the refund has been issued.
True North Expeditions, Inc. reserves the right to substitute the events listed in the description above in the event of inclement weather, availability, or other uncontrollable events.
- Admission-Double Occupancy$1,085$1,0850$0
- Admission-Single Occupancy$1,171$1,1710$0
- Gear Rental$425$4250$0
- Waiting List$0$00$0